Saturday, May 17, 2008

Music Video Friday 2:Songs Of Our Future Past

I just do what the voices inside my head tell me to do-Anonymous

In recent days music has been on my mind,even more than usual.That's at least partly the fault of various bloggers recounting what can only be described as movie sequences set to music. Freaksho mentioned bolting from a riot to the accompaniment of One Winged Angel.Then Carlang got his kungfu on to the backing of 9ice singing Gongo Aso(still has me in stitches,that one).I suspect neither of them will ever consider listen to either song in quite the same way again.

Which brings me to these:four of the most persistent songs I've ever listened to.All heard before I hit puberty;all memorable,if in different ways.

Donna Summer - She Works Hard For The Money



This one's a Mother's Day song,no doubt about it.I can't even remember how old I was when I first heard this.


Lisa Lisa & The Cult Jam - I Wonder If I Take You Home




Anyone else remember this one?I don't think I was more than 8 first time I heard this song.My first real party song;even then,I couldn't help thinking she looked...striking.Particularly in that pink.And that hair!Of course,now I think she looks striking for somewhat different reasons:)

Chubby Checkers & The Fat Boys -The Twist



This one is permanently linked with NTA and cartoons for me,from the days when NTA actually made an effort to entertain you.It always takes me to my happy place.YOUR PARTY'S NEXT!

Bob Geldof-Love Like A Rocket



Now this haunted me for a long time.I heard it exactly once when I was eleven or so and it never left me.The words "Love like a rocket on fire" stayed with me through secondary school and Uni and I never was able to identify it.Till now.God bless the Interwebs:)

Lovely weekend y'all.

2 comments:

  1. there was a time I got "THe Twist" song stuck in my head for a couple of days, i was doing the dance in school, and people were looking at me like i was crazy or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol.Wish someone had a camera then,must have been a sight.

    ReplyDelete